QUEEN OF HEARTS RAFFLE
HOW IT WORKS
- Queen of Hearts is a progressive raffle
- 54 playing cards, a full deck plus two jokers, are placed in a random order face down by an official gaming vendor; the cards are numbered 1 – 54 and sealed.
- Once a card is selected, it will be turned over with the card face up on the board. If the Queen of Hearts is not selected, the game will rollover to the next week. After the drawing, all the tickets from that week’s drawing will be destroyed.
- The total prize pool will continue to accumulate weekly until the Queen of Hearts is drawn. The jackpot amount, based on ticket sales, will be updated weekly and displayed on The Joel Fund website.
- The jackpot winner will receive 50% of the total ticket sales.
- The official game board will be transported to D’s Bottle Shop for the drawing but will be in a secure location off-site until the drawing.
- One ticket will be drawn each Friday at 6:30 PM at D’s Bottle Shop or tune in on Facebook Live, until the Queen of Hearts is drawn. The jackpot winner need not be present. If the drawing falls on a holiday, the drawing will be postponed for that week and will be drawn the following Wednesday. Holiday drawing postponement is at the discretion of the Queen of Hearts Volunteers.
- Tickets can be purchased, 1 for $5 or 5 for $20.
- Tickets can be purchased immediately following the drawing 15 minutes before the next drawing.
- Drawn tickets with a number that has already been drawn in previous weeks will be voided and discarded. A new ticket will then be drawn from the raffle drum.
- The maximum prize amount is $125,000 to a winner. This prize amount is based on the current limit set by North Carolina.
- The ticket holder who selects the Queen of Hearts is the Grand Prize Winner and will be paid half of the pot or a maximum of $125,000. The winner of the jackpot need not be present.
- The winner of the jackpot must agree to verify identity and sign appropriate IRS forms.