NCSBE VETERAN PIN REDESIGN CONTEST
Vote in Honor of a Veteran Pin
North Carolina State Board of Elections (NCSBE) is the bipartisan state agency charged with the administration of the election process. Working in conjunction with the state’s 100 county boards of elections, our agency ensures elections are conducted lawfully and fairly.
In partnership with The Joel Fund, NCSBE will host a web competition to refresh the current design of our “Vote in Honor of a Veteran” pin, which pays tribute to the sacrifices veterans have made to protect our right to vote. The pin is distributed by our agency free of cost to those who request one to wear to the polls on Election Day.
Find contest details, eligibility requirements, rules, and guidelines below.
- Any Veteran or Active Military personnel is eligible to enter.
- Entries will be accepted from the individual or their partner organization.
- We are accepting submissions from Wednesday, April 21 through Sunday, June 13, 2021.
How to Enter:
- Submit entries by email to email@example.com
- Artwork must be submitted as an attachment (.png or high quality .jpg preferred)
- One entry per email
- Multiple submissions will be accommodated.
- In the body of the email, please include participant information: Name, Email, Phone Number
- Please do not incorporate a name on the actual design to keep the judging anonymous
- “I’m voting in honor of a Veteran” or a variation of the phrase, must be part of the design.
- After the phrase, there must be enough light or white negative space to affix a label with the name of a veteran.
- The design should incorporate our state (North Carolina) into the theme.
- Button shape and outline is rectangular.
- Design must fit within a 2.75” x 1.75” canvas with landscape orientation.
- There is no color limit.
- May be created digitally or in hard copy.
- Must be an original sketch, drawing, painting, collage, or electronic publishing/illustration/imaging.
- All images must be created, enhanced, or altered by the participant.
- Copyright protected images may not be included.
- Please do not include the year in the button design.
- All artwork must be non-offensive and acceptable to all audiences.
- All artwork must be non-partisan (cannot favor a political party or candidate.)
- The State Board of Elections office reserves the right to modify the design entry in order to mass-produce.
- Submissions that do not meet these guidelines will not be accepted.
Selection, Notification, & Verification of Winners:
- The top designs will be selected by a panel.
- The finalists will be notified by phone and/or email provided in the contest entry.
- Depending on number of entries received, NCSBE reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of finalists.
- The winning design will be selected by a vote open to North Carolinians on our website.
- Viewers will be able to place their vote on our website.
- The winner will be notified by phone and/or email provided in the contest entry.
- Incomplete or false information may disqualify a contestant.
- Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes express permission to use any and all winners’ names and designs for promotional purposes.
The winning design may be used as North Carolina’s next official “Vote in Honor of a Veteran” pin. We will feature the winner’s name and profile on our Vote in Honor of a Veteran webpage and in a press release.
NCSBE will not sell or otherwise provide contact information from your contest entry to companies, organizations or individuals not associated with the office.
Disclaimers and Limits of Liability:
All entries become the property of NCSBE for all purposes and will not be returned or acknowledged. NCSBE is not responsible or liable for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connection, miscommunications, failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Incorrect, incomplete, mutilated, late, and any other types of defective entries will be disqualified.
By entering this contest, you acknowledge that you are eligible and that you and/or the organization you partner with gives their permission for you to be a participant.