Become a Sponsor
for The Joel Fund 5th Annual
White Hot Havana Night
To Whom It May Concern:
VA data tells us that close to two Afghan and Iraq veterans die by suicide each day on average, meaning the estimated 7,300 veterans who have killed themselves since just 2009, after coming home from Afghanistan and Iraq, are greater in number than the 7,012 service members killed in those wars since 2001. 1 Here in North Carolina, we are losing 5 veterans a week to suicide, more that 2.5 times the national average (#take5save5). These statistics are staggering. The Joel Fund’s programs help connect veterans with their peers and communities and we must work to strengthen these programs.
The Joel Fund’s mission is to reconnect veterans to life at home. We use the power of community to engage, educate, and encourage veterans and their families. At the 2019 White Hot Havana Night fundraiser, we announced The Joel Fund’s goals to expand our Operation A.R.T.™ program and our NC Veterans Coffee Events. With the success of the fundraiser, we were able to expand our Operation A.R.T. program, adding new classes (which fill up quickly), and purchasing laptops for our photography computer lab. As a direct result, several of our Operation A.R.T. students have found work or started their own business using the skills they learned in our program. Our NC Veterans Coffee events expanded to include a weekday networking event for veterans. But, our work isn’t done. We want to broaden our footprint so we can continue serving veterans and their families for years to come. Moving forward, we hope to deepen the impact of our successful veterans programs. Fundraising from the Hot Havana Night events supports our progress and we hope you will help us move closer to our goals for 2021. Enclosed is our 5th Annual White Hot Havana Night sponsorship/donation packet with additional details. The fundraiser is scheduled for 7:00pm, Saturday, September 19, 2020. We expect the event to sell out and would love for you and your organization to be featured to our nearly 200 guests as a supporter of our local military community.
We cannot wait for another fantastic evening in September as we come together to serve our veterans and their families and celebrate the support of community partners like you. You can expect us to follow up in the coming weeks, but feel free to let us know if you have any questions in the meantime. Thank you for helping to create more opportunities for our veterans in the coming year.
The Joel Fund
The Joel Fund is a 501(c)(3), tax exempt non-profit charitable organization (#47-5179326).
(1) November 11, 2019 Common Dreams “And the Armies That Remained Suffer’d: Veterans, Moral Injury and Suicide” by Matthew Hoh
Front & Back mock-up of the T-shirt for event
What to do once you become a sponsor…
- Fill out form and mail it in or you can do it here online (below) or in person.
- Provide payment for your sponsorship level. If you mail in form you can credit card information OR a check. If you fill out form below you can have us contact you to get the information.
- Send us a logo that we can use on our website, social media, and event emails. (T-shirt too if submit before August 15th) Email to TheJoelFund@gmail.com
- Provide a banner for us to hang up at the event. (If you a re a silver or gold level sponsor). We need to have it by September 12 and we will make sure it gets back to you by September 26th
- Gold & Silver sponsors, your tickets and t-shirts will be available for you at the door. Please let us know the names of those attending as your guests and what size t-shirts you would like.
Want to do more…
We always need volunteers at the event
Spread the word and encourage others to attend the event.
We can provide you with social media items so you can blast your world about your support and The Joel Fund. Be sure to tag us @The_Joel_Fund and use #TAKE5SAVE5