Hot Havana Nights
On September 17, 2016, we hosted our first Hot Havana Nights fundraiser and silent auction! The backyard setting was perfect for this event, along with Cuban-inspired food, music, and decor! We even had cigars hand-rolled on site! Hot Havana Nights was a great success on many levels!
This intimate event gave us the opportunity to talk one on one with guests about The Joel Fund’s mission to reconnect veterans to life at home. We were able to explain the importance of helping those who defend our freedom. And, we were able to share some of Joe Silva’s story with new people.
We had an amazing silent auction at the Hot Havana Nights fundraiser. The individuals and businesses who had donated items for our golf tournament graciously allowed us to hold onto the items to use at this event. That night, we also gave guests the opportunity to “Sponsor A Warrior” at Landing Zone Grace Warrior Retreat (LZ Grace). We are thrilled to say that 90% of the money we raised from the silent auction and 100% of the funds raised from “Sponsor A Warrior” went to LZ Grace. These funds have helped at LZ Grace in many ways:
– Food and services for 17 Special Operations Forces guests
– Updating electrical for the horse riding arena
– Finishing the bunk house rooms for SOF guests
– SOF family fun days (3 weekends which included a holiday party and brush burn by the local fire department)
– Beginning the process of the addition (pouring the foundation) to the farmhouse to create more space for when SOF families visit LZ Grace.
If you would like to help with this fun event or have an item or service you would like to donate for the silent auction, please email me at email@example.com.
Thank you to our supporters!
Because of their help, we can do more for our veterans.
See more photos of the 2016 event on our Facebook page
See more photos of the 2017 event on our Facebook page
Get preview information on our 2018 event